Mesaj gönderen Gariban »

Resim

Resim

Ya HAQQ!..(O TRUTH!..)

ZAWK 4455 – I’VE FALLEN

I couldn’t put my sleep to sleep!..
Into a hopeless sleep I ‘ve fallen![1]
I am YAKUB(Jacob) of “YA ASAFA : O MY SORROW!”[2]
I am YUSUF(Joseph), Into a well I’ve fallen!
Destiny(Qadar) has torn my four shirts!..
I got frozen in the fire(NaR)- burned in the Ice
I was a breath of vapour then I became a cloud
I was a drop then into water I’ve fallen

Kul Ihvani
30.04.11 16:30
gkkşğ-nkr..

GLOSSARY AND REFERENCES

[1] There is a word play in this line. Term “Dustum: I’ve fallen” can also be translated as “I was a dream”. So the meaning of the line would be “I was a dream for a hopeless sleep”.

[2] YA ASAFA!: This act of addressing in Arabic means “O my sorrow! O my grief”. This is referenced to the case of Prophet Yakub (Jacob) and Yusuf (Joseph) Peace Be Upon Them:

وَتَوَلّٰى عَنْهُمْ وَقَالَ يَا اَسَفٰى عَلٰى يُوسُفَ وَابْيَضَّتْ عَيْنَاهُ مِنَ الْحُزْنِ فَهُوَ كَظٖيمٌ

Wa Tawallá `Anhum Wa Qāla Yā 'Asafá `Alá Yūsufa Wa Abyađđat `Aynāhu Mina Al-Ĥuzni Fahuwa Kažīmun:
English Translations of the verse:
A.Y. Ali : And he turned away from them, and said: how great is my grief for Joseph and his eyes became white with sorrow, and he fell into silent melancholy.

M.M. Pickthall: And he turned away from them and said: Alas, my grief for Joseph! And his eyes were whitened with the sorrow that he was suppressing.

M.H. Şakir: And he turned away from them, and said: O my sorrow forYusuf! and his eyes became white on account of the grief,and he was a repressor (of grief).
[Qur’an – Al-Yusuf(Joseph)- (12/84) ]

Turkish Original:

Yâ HAKK!..

ZEVK

UYUtamadım UYkuMu!.. UMutSUz UYKUya DÜŞtüM!
“YÂ ESEFÂ!” YÂKUBuyuM!..YÛSUFum KUYU-ya DÜŞtüM!
Dört GÖMleğim YIRTtı KADER!. NâRda DoNdum-BuZda YaNdım
BiR SOLUK BUHAR–BULuttuM!.. BiR DAMLaydıM SU-ya DÜŞtüM!..

30.04.11 16:30
gkkşğ-nkr..

وَتَوَلَّى عَنْهُمْ وَقَالَ يَا أَسَفَى عَلَى يُوسُفَ وَابْيَضَّتْ عَيْنَاهُ مِنَ الْحُزْنِ فَهُوَ كَظِيمٌ
Resim---Ve tevellâ anhum ve kâle YÂ ESEFÂ alâ yûsufe vebyaddat aynâhu minel huzni fe huve kezîm (kezîmun): Onlardan yüzünü çevirip öte tarafa dönerek ufuklara seslendi: "Ya esafâ alâ Yusuf! Nerdesin Yusuf! Nerdesin Yusuf!"Yusuf diye diye, üzüntüsünden gözlerine ak düştü. Yaptıklarından dolayı oğullarına duyduğu kızgınlığını da belirtmiyor, öfkesini yenmeye çalışıyordu.
(Yûsuf 12/84)
Resim
Cevapla

“►Kulihvani◄” sayfasına dön